I would like to announce with great excitement that I have been accepted to serve in Haiti!
I don't know all the details yet, but here is the basic gist:
• I am going with a group of Ellerslie alumni.
• I will be serving in an orphanage and a Christian school, wherever I am most needed.
• I will be leaving in the next 7-10 days (the exact date is still uncertain, because I don't have plane tickets yet).
• I will be living in an apartment with the other Ellerslie girls.
• The apartment is in a guarded compound called Club Indigo that is described as "posh."
• I will have internet access and electricity but no "snail mail" (Haiti has no mail or post office system)
• I intend to keep my blog updated as often as possible (but it may not be daily), and I intend to post lots of pictures!
In the meantime, you might want to go visit Christy's blog. She is down there at the moment, doing what I will be doing. Her writing and pictures are beautiful.
You might also like:
• Know the People and Place Where I Will Be Serving
• How God Called Me To Haiti
|Chocolate cake with map of Haiti in buttercream frosting, courtesy of my artist sister, Katherine|