The name of my blog, "Pursued by God," was originally going to be "Pursuit of God," but then I came to the realization that God was pursuing me far more effectively and faithfully than I was pursuing Him. I realized that the focus of my relationship with Him was not my own efforts to reach Him, but on His noble and loving efforts to reach me, win me, and change me. Why would He do that with unworthy little me? Not because of any good thing about me, that's for sure. Not because I could add anything to Him. Not because I was so useful to His kingdom that He couldn't pass me up. No, simply because of His own goodness, His own love, His own kindness.
If you're new, check out some of my archives in these main categories:
Everyone loves a good, heartwarming story, and when I run across one, I like to post it. Most of these stories are true. Others are fictional accounts or analogies to teach a spiritual lesson. Some are my own creative writing and others are written by someone else. They are listed most popular first.
Two-part story: Phyllis's Calamity and Hayley's Quandary
This is my heart, my calling, and my driving passion--but it hasn't been easy to learn to be obedient enough to do it.
This has been one of the most difficult parts of the Christian life for me, but I think God is beginning to build me strong in prayer.
What my Family and I do for Fun
And a little bit about me:
I love Jesus! He is my King, my Savior, and my Heavenly Bridegroom. His countenance shines like the sun, His voice is as the sound of many waters, and His strength is unlimited. He guides my steps and teaches me what I need to know. He is the reason I live and the fulfillment of my life's purpose. The one thing I do is to pursue Jesus, know Him, love Him, and obey Him, and all the rest of life just falls into place as He orchestrates it. I look forward to pressing on into the endless frontier with Jesus, for He is infinite. In His presence is fullness of joy, and at His right hand are pleasures forevermore. He sacrificed His life for me, and the most important thing I ever did was to give my life to Him in return.
Random facts about me...
• Orange is the best color of the rainbow! I have an orange bedroom and lots of orange clothes. I use orange highlighters, write in an orange journal, and drink out of an orange mug. Life is just happier when you have lots of orange around you.
• My favorite book of the Bible is Hebrews.
• I have a to-die-for recipe for homemade chai tea. Come over sometime and we'll make some together and drink it while we have a good chat.
• I love all sorts of daredevilry, including skiing, horseback riding, and climbing trees.
• Calligraphy is one of my hobbies.
• My favorite piece of piano music is La Campanella by Franz Liszt. Ah! Amazing!
For more trivia about me, see my post 100 things I love