Monday, September 10, 2012

How God Called Me To Haiti

Some of you who have known me for a while might be thinking things along the lines of,
•  "Why Haiti?"
•  "Why not a Spanish-speaking country?"
•  "Isn't this rather sudden?"
•  "Could this step be some sort of spontaneous aberration? It doesn't fit with the story."

I could be thinking those things myself, if it weren't for the things that God did to manifestly prove to me that His hand is guiding me to take this step. So what did He do, and how did He tell me?

You can't just open up the Bible and find a verse that says, "Rebekah, go to Haiti." (Think how long the Bible would have to be if it included personal messages like that to everyone!)

But God is a good communicator. He is perfectly able to communicate a message to His children. When He speaks, He ensures that we get it, and understand it, and know where it's coming from. I have often tried making "helpful suggestions" to God, thinking up ways for him to get across to me what He wants. ("Lord, why don't you speak in an audible voice?") but the fact is, He doesn't need my help. He can use His own means of communication, and I have learned to trust that if He wants me to know something, He will make it  perfectly clear to me.

Surprisingly enough, this story goes all the way back to 2006.

Next Post: Journal Entry from April 2, 2006

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! You have just made my day! :-)