Sunday, May 6, 2012

Trip to Malaga, Day 5

Thursday, January 26, 2012


My alarm rang at 6 and I got up! I woke Marieta and we had a good time together reading the Word and praying.

Breakfast was at 6:45 and devotions were at 7:45. My speech went pretty well and several of the girls said they appreciated it.

We left for church at 8:30. today my job was to work in the despensa (food pantry). There wasn't much work in the morning, so Marieta and I had some chances to talk about the Lord. In the afternoon there was a ton of work -- boxes and boxes of food to unload and organize. I loved it. I also spent ALL DAY eating stuff that was BAD for me. :-(

In the evening, we ate supper, I showered, and I wrote in the Bibles of several of the girls who asked me to.

Oh!

In the morning, S asked me to give her a verse. She said she had never asked anyone to give her a verse before. I said no one has ever asked me for one, either, but that I would pray to ask God to show me one by this afternoon.


In the afternoon, the Lord led me to Deut. 30:11-20, especially verses 19 and 20. I told S the verse and let her read it.

"This is an answered prayer," she said to me after she had read it. "I had cried out to God, 'What do you want from me?' And now I know."

I was surprised and blessed at how it had impacted her. Then after my shower, we stayed in the salon sharing for a long time. I was explaining my struggle to live after the Spirit and not the flesh. It was a very blessed and God-ordained conversation.

Next Post: Trip to Malaga, Day 6
First Post: Trip to Malaga, Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! You have just made my day! :-)