Thursday, October 11, 2012

Marks of Haiti

They say almost every American visitor to Haiti gets one of these eventually--and I guess my turn has come!


It's a burn from the muffler of a moto. They did warn me not to put my leg down there, and I did see Sheena's giant burn in the same spot, but in one split second, my leg got too close.

Thank the Lord for reflexes!

They say that the nerve impulses from your reflexes only have to travel to the spinal cord and back before jerking your muscle away. Thank God for that! I can only imagine how much worse this would have been if it really got seared on there. As it is, it doesn't really hurt and I think I'll be fine.

But at any rate, now I'll have my Haiti scar.

Photo Credit: Oriana Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! You have just made my day! :-)