Friday, January 27, 2017

Cholera Day 8: 10 babies and 11 days In Port Au Prince

Day 8: Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sephora
At 6:00 in the morning, before anyone was stirring, I got up and bleached the floor in the bedroom where Jackson, Kerlande, Clauciane, and I were staying.

Then I called Watson, my moto driver, to come and pick me up to take me to the hospital. However, he didn’t know where Joanne and Doug's house was, and though I gave him the address, he couldn’t find it. Doug took me out in the car to a well-known landmark, where we met up with him and then had him follow the car back to the house so that he could see where it was for next time.

I got to the hospital and worked with Roselord through the day. Pranel's and Sephora's symptoms were still hanging on. Annita came after church “just to visit the babies.” She ended up offering to staying through the night and work, which I had intended to do, but when she was willing to do it, I was willing to let her.

Moses, one of the babies at the Joanne's house, had been having diarrhea for 4 days, so they brought him to the clinic, where he got admitted and tested positive for cholera.

I stayed the night at the Kimballs.

~
Read the next post: Cholera Day 9.
Start over at the beginning; Cholera Day 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! You have just made my day! :-)