Monday, December 5, 2011

Friday, November 25, 2011

I got up right away for my devotions! But I fell asleep in the salon for part of the time.

In devotions, Marlene shared on Depending on God. She gave a really good illustration on listening to God’s voice: She blindfolded U’s eyes and took her over to the other side of the room. “She has to get back to her spot,” Marlene said. “And M is going to give her directions. But all the rest of you, shout out directions that are wrong.” U sort of stumbled around the room and finally made it back to her seat. Marlene explained that M represented the voice of God, and all of us represented the voice of the world. Marlene herself, who walked near U to make sure she didn’t hurt herself, represented the Holy Spirit. It was a very clear illustration.

I was assigned to clean the hotel with C, Y, and M. We took a metro to the center of Madrid where the hotel was. Again, although I was working as fast as I could, I only did the rooms about half as fast as the other girls. I don’t know how they do it. So I felt bad, because we had to stay out a lot longer than we wanted to.

There was some kind of argument between C and R in the house before we left the house, and C was crying in the metro on the way to the metro. Marlene said something to her and gave her a hug and then she started telling Marlene the whole story while we were standing in a plaza near the hotel. (Actually it was a hostel.) We talked there for probably an hour. So that was another reason we were late getting done.

We didn’t get back to the church for lunch until 3:50. We ate and rested a little while and then I cleaned the bathrooms in the church. Then we had a church service. I was SO tired and my feet hurt so bad I could barely sing or enjoy the service much.

We went home and two or three new girls came with us…actually they’re new to me, but they were here before. They’re missionaries from Mexico who had stayed for about 3 months and had gone to visit some different places in Spain.

Today P, A’s fiancĂ©e, died.

Next Post: Saturday, November 26, 2011
Previous Post: Thursday, November 24, 2011
First Post: My first day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! You have just made my day! :-)