Friday, June 29, 2012

Hot and dry


The weather here in Colorado has been scorching... daily temperatures in the 100s, bright sunshine, and super dry air. So I've been drinking a lot... I mean, a LOT of water!

Okay, so in Tennessee, it's humid enough that just by breathing you practically get hydrated. Not so here! At home I drink like maybe, 2-3 cups a day.

I upped my intake to 6 cups here and it still wasn't enough.


I upped it to 9 cups. Still not enough. 


I upped it to 12 cups. Still not enough. 


I upped it to 13 cups. That was about right to keep me hydrated and happy.  So I've been drinking approximately 13 cups a day this week. That's 104 ounces! 


Jesus said, "Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." (John 4:13-14).

But how many of us fail to up our Water intake, even though we recognize that we're spiritually thirsty, parched, dry, dehydrated, constipated, have a headache, and have a sore throat? We need more of Jesus. And if we're still somewhat dry, we need still more. And if that's still not good enough, we need still more. Here at Ellerslie, I have been drinking deep from the well of everlasting water, I have been saturated, soaked, drenched with Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, and more Jesus. We focus on Jesus. We look for Jesus. We learn about Jesus. We draw analogies about Jesus. We are pointed to Jesus in every single message. Jesus is lifted high, and HE SATISFIES.

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6

1 comment:

  1. Si,aquí también hace mucho calor,ya segundo día llevamos cerca +40. Cada vez me sorprendo más y más como de un día o un evento normal de tu vida tu lo conviertes en un mensaje espiritual. Gracias =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! You have just made my day! :-)