Saturday, June 16, 2012

Goodbye, Matilda



My faithful, trusty car is now in the hands of a new owner! Matilda and I had many lovely adventures together--we spent about a year in each other's company and just about exactly 11,500 miles, which at an average speed of 40 miles per hour would equal 287 hours, or about 7 work weeks. She always got me where I needed to go, never left me stranded on the side of the road, never hit me up for a repair bill, made sure I was nice and cool in the summer and nice and warm in the winter, and always gave me a smooth and comfortable ride.


And just today, of all days, after trying to sell the car since last October, I signed the paperwork and handed over the keys. How perfect is that timing? God worked it out so that I had the use of the car all the way up until the day I fly out, and now that I'm going to be gone and don't need it anymore, it just worked out to sell it. Thank you, God, for allowing me to sell it, and thank you, TW, for buying it! (I may be wrong, but I suspect he's going to love Matilda even more than I did!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! You have just made my day! :-)