Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's Party

Spanish New Year's typically consists of a costume party. Then when the clock strikes midnight, people eat 12 grapes, one for each stroke of the clock. It's hard to chew and swallow them fast enough!

Q dressed up as a clown

R went as Alice in Wonderland

U is a Smurf!

C is Betty from the Flintstones

U and me. (Yeah, no costume on my part.)

A Bible character

A nun and priest

E as Tinker Bell

The FOOD

Appetizers

You would think that these are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but no. (At first, when I saw them, I thought, "Wow, PBJ is so rare here, it's special enough to serve for New Year's Eve dinner." But then I looked a little closer...


There! See it? Not Peanut butter and jelly--Smoked salmon and jelly! YUMmmmm. (Actually, this will go down as one of the weirdest things I have ever eaten.)


Amazingly tender meat with some kind of white sauce.  

My grapes! I succeeded in eating them all, too! (But I de-seeded them first with my pocketknife.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! You have just made my day! :-)