Friday, December 14, 2012

A little praise session


Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of Creation!
Oh my soul, praise Him, for He is thy health and salvation!
All ye who hear, now to His temple draw near. 
Join me in glad adoration.

Oh, Lord, I rejoice in your goodness! I delight in your mercy! I find great pleasure in your presence! Thank you for doing everything necessary to purify me and refine me through this taste of suffering. I look forward to what you will do to temper me. Make me more useful for Thy kingdom, O Lord. I rejoice in the indwelling life of Christ that gives me strength and brings You glory. I press in to know more of Your fullness. It is far more important, O Lord, that I learn to draw from you your divine strength and grace than it is to recover from being sick. Let me not lose this lesson or put it off for another occasion. Let me not shrink back from the fullness of what it is you want to reveal to me through this trial.

Sing praise to God who reigns above, the God of all creation,
The God of power, the God of love, the God of our salvation.
With healing balm my soul He fills, and every faithless murmur stills:
To God all praise and glory.

Lord Jesus, I rejoice that you are the victor, and even in the midst of the oppression and evil and sickness and confusion here in Haiti, you are triumphant! All things are under your feet. There is nothing that is hid from Your eyes. And I look forward to the day when Your glory is lifted high from one corner of this land to the other, when darkness is eliminated and the true light of the gospel blazes into the hearts of men and women everywhere. I ask for you to bring that day quickly. Come and break the powers of darkness. Rebuke the strongholds of evil and suffering and oppression, and cause every obstacle to flee before your invading presence. I rejoice that I get to be a part of this work here in Haiti, and I look forward to what you will continue to do through your power to change this nation.

Thus, all my toilsome way along, I sing aloud Thy praises,
That earth may hear the grateful song my voice unwearied raises.
Be joyful in the Lord, my heart, both soul and body bear your part:
To God all praise and glory.


Wonderful Savior, I rejoice that there is nothing beneath your notice, nothing that surprises you, and nothing that your goodness has not allowed to enter into my life for my good. I confess that the goodness of God has allowed me to participate in this mini taste of suffering. I rejoice that there is nothing that can destroy me or come against me except what your hand allows. I trust you with what you are doing.

Praise, my soul, the King of Heaven;
To His feet thy tribute bring.
Ransomed, healed, restored, forgiven,
Evermore His praises sing:
Alleluia! Alleluia!
Praise the everlasting King.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! You have just made my day! :-)