Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Promise

This weekend, I went out to lunch with some old family friends, and they were asking me about Betel. The wife asked me, "How do the staff at Betel keep from burnout? Do they take lots of breaks? Do they only last for a few years?"

"That's a good question," I said.

"I think all the staff should have regular counseling," she continued, "so that they can deal positively with the draining aspects of their work."

"Well," I answered, "The neat thing about God is that when He gives you love, it is a supernatural love. He is able to keep on loving people through you, and it's like a fountain of water that's always gushing up."

This answer was more in faith than anything, because, after all, I haven't actually been through it yet to see how to deal with burnout.

However, the very next day, the Lord brought this verse to my attention from my daily Bible reading:

"And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not." Isaiah 58:11.

How encouraging! It felt like a promise spoken exactly to me, that God would not only sustain me, that I would not merely endure, but that I would thrive and really experience His love springing up in my heart. 

Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! You have just made my day! :-)