Sunday, May 4, 2014

A contemplation of the glories of Christ

Who is this Jesus?

He is the creator of the universe. There He was at the beginning, rejoicing always before the Father, rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth, and delighting in the sons of men. (Pr. 8:30-31)

He is fairer than the children of men (Psalm 45:2); the Desire of all nations (Hag. 2:7); the High and lofty one that inhabiteth eternity (Is. 57:15)--yet he was made of no reputation (Php. 2:7), despised and rejected of men (Isa. 53:3), and made a little lower than the angels (Heb. 2:9).

He is worthy to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing (Rev. 5:12), yea, and my own life also (Mt. 10:38).

He is the Lamb of God, the spotless sacrifice, who opened not his mouth, but willingly laid down His life.

He is the one who is risen in great power and majesty, who dealt the final blow to sin and the flesh, who ever lives to make intercession for me.

He is the Bridegroom, the fountain of love, the satisfier of every longing soul. His presence is sweet. The delights of His love are rich, so that every earthly joy pales and loses its charm in comparison.

Shall we not fall at His feet and adore Him? Shall we not spend ourselves for His agenda, wake up earlier to be with Him, and let His name and His work drop from our lips in the natural outflow of our conversation?

Shall we not tremble before Him, rejoice to be invited near, and hold nothing back from Him?

Yes, Lord, Jesus. I bow myself anew at your feet, surrender myself afresh to you, and lay my life before you to be used for the purposes that you choose. My love springs forth in response to your love. You are the rejoicing of my heart. Come and take your rightful place in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! You have just made my day! :-)