Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Morocco Trip: The Journey Begins

My journey has begun after a whirlwind of activity. Verity graduation was just 3 days ago, May 27, and Rosie and I packed all my stuff into the van and drove down to Tennessee from 11 am to 11 pm the next day. We shopped for 5 hours yesterday, with me spending $250 on new clothes, sunglasses, a cute new butterfly purse, 4 travel books and a map, combination locks, pictures, ibuprofen, Hershey’s chocolate, and more. We got done shopping at 8:00, ate dinner until 9, and then had a prayer time. This is the last time our family will be together until Christmas, because Rosie’s leaving tomorrow to work for a month up north in Wisconsin, and Johnny is enlisting in the army and will be entering boot camp next week. We prayed for each other, which was a very sweet time, and then I had to pack. I packed till 2:00 am, fell into bed until 8, got up to go to the bank for money, got home, and finished packing.

We left for the Harrison’s house in Northern Virginia at 11:00 am, and arrived six hours later. I got to stay there for about 30 minutes before Mom had to take me to the airport. First, though, we saw Uncle Ben & Aunt Sharon start off on a canoe trip down the Shenandoah River with Johnny, Monica, Katherine, James, Stuart, and Peter. I wished I could go, because the day was hovering around 97 degrees and they were planning on visiting the waterfall where you can swim behind it and then plunge through. The water looked so inviting! But I said goodbye and we drove to the airport. Mom dropped me off a little after 7:00, and I’ve been sitting here ever since, waiting until my flight leaves at 10:10.





This is the first post in this series.
The Story Continues: Flights, Trains, and Luggage Woes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments! You have just made my day! :-)